Is crystal report free for deploy in server? RRS feed

• Question

• User665793701 posted

We using VS2008 and built in crystal report to develop our project.  The crystal report version is 10.5 may be. But on the deployment our customer asks whether they need to buy crystal report? I need to know is there any free version of crystal report which we can provide our customer to deploy on their server. If not what is the best alternative. We have not enough time to convert to another reporting tool. But we have to do it in a free reporting tool as like as crystal report.

Regards,

Mohammed Moinul Hasan

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 10:15 AM

All replies

• User-1528094326 posted

What you create in visual studio against Crystal Reports and using the Crystal Reports Viewer (asp control), that is free yes. There is a full blown report server you can purchase if the organization in question requires something THAT robust, but if what you created in visual studio is good enough? Then you should be good to go.

There are lots of report servers out there, even SSRS, which is free with visual studio as well and you use the ReportViewer asp control with it, it has a full blown report server that comes with Microsoft SQL Server that you pay for.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 12:37 PM
  • User665793701 posted

Can u please give me some alternative. Becasue at this time i have no time to convert my report to SSRS. although my client and me no one interested to not to buy. At this situation i am blocked and dalayed my deployment.

Regards,

Monday, December 19, 2011 1:10 AM
  • User1196771204 posted

Hi mamun,

you do not need to pay for the crystal report as you just need to look for a host that supports Crystal Report. One that I can recommend is asphostcentral.com and you can simply upload your report and it should work directly.

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps! 

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:19 AM
  • User665793701 posted

Thanks necro_mancer for your reply. Basically i am deploy in independent server not at hosted one.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 1:36 AM
  • User1784393945 posted

Hey there

Crystal reports are not free you'll get its trial version free download. Whether you use Hosted server or your independent server of your own

You'll have to buy a licence for that. Or migrate to other reporting tools like SSRS. 

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 1:48 AM
  • User-1891070552 posted

i just read you answer, but i need so help is crystal report is free if i want to design crystal reports in VS 2013

is crystal reports is free if i have Azure Virtual Machine and i want to deploy my application there 

Sunday, August 2, 2015 3:05 AM
  • User-1601169661 posted

More about......Crystal Reports Deployment

Willim

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 1:55 AM