none
EcDoRpcExt2 parameter order... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Someone asked a couple of years ago about how to parse the byte stream for the EcDoRpcExt2 call, particularly how to deal with the rgbIn and cbIn parameters considering their order in the parameter list (ie. the size of the thing comes AFTER the thing). The original poster figured it out but never posted his solution.

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ken....

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 4:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ken,

Thank you for your question. A member of the protocol documentation team will respond to you soon.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 4:47 PM
  • Thanks Josh, but I think I've figured it out. The first thing in the rgbIn parameter is an RPC_HEADER_EXT, which contains (among other things) information regarding the size of the payload that follows.

The only problem I'm having now is locating the RPC_HEADER_EXT data in the byte stream. Is there any documentation that describes how the EcDoRpcExt2 parameters are marshalled into a byte stream?

Thanks again.

Ken....

Thursday, July 7, 2011 3:21 AM
  • kadey,

Your question is more applicable to the C706 standard on RPC. Please review Chapter 14 ("Transfer Syntax NDR") on the information you seek.

You can find the C706 standard at the following url: https://www2.opengroup.org/ogsys/jsp/publications/PublicationDetails.jsp?catalogno=c706

• Marked as answer by King Salemno Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:44 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:44 PM