ASDK 1906 ADFS cannot register on azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I stumble across a similar issue to and the workaround was already applied as 1800, I even modified it to longer period of timeout 3000. But still the same issue with the error as timeout. I have follow according to instructions, custom roles assigned and user is a global administrator. subscription is pay-as-you-go.

2019-07-19.10-21-41: *** WARNING ***
    2019-07-19.10-21-41: Creation of service principal failed:
    Action plan execution failed. Error: Execution timeout
    2019-07-19.10-21-41: *** End WARNING ***
    • Edited by danielkhor Friday, July 19, 2019 7:23 AM
    Friday, July 19, 2019 3:25 AM

Answers

• It could cause the previous registration to fail. The registration script needs to reach outside to Azure to confirm the registration. You could also do an offline registration to get around this, but it is only supported for ASDK deployments. 
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 11:52 PM

All replies

• This issue has occurred in some of the recent past builds, and as the error states, it means that the registration took longer than expected. 

to start, can you run Test-AzureStack and make sure that your infrastructure roles are functioning properly? If there are any failures, please post them here. 

Also, make sure to download the most recent registration script

Friday, July 19, 2019 10:31 PM
  • Im now doing redeployment using AAD instead of ADFS, but stuck with another error.

The error pointing that they are not able to establish ssl trusted connection which I suspect is due to my network required to install enterprise root certificate. so I was wondering if this might be the cause for the initial ADFS registration being slow?

Monday, July 22, 2019 5:53 AM
  • It could cause the previous registration to fail. The registration script needs to reach outside to Azure to confirm the registration. You could also do an offline registration to get around this, but it is only supported for ASDK deployments. 
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 11:52 PM