none
Fail: Recommended hardware metadata

Question

• Hi, 

Hoping someone can help as so far 3 MS employees haven't been able to.

Submitted an app and have 1 item failing the certification report:

"Hardware requirements must be declared in the Recommended Hardware metadata field. Please update your app metadata and resubmit your app. Your app requires the following: Bluetooth EEG headset"

Sounds fair enough, but no-one can tell me where I can add the metadata entry.

I've posted screenshots of the dev centre properties section which breaks the app into memory, cpu, keyboard mouse etc... but nothing relates to a Bluetooth headset (it's not BlueTooth LE either) and no option to add a custom fields.

So please, any ideas? Thanks in advance

Friday, February 9, 2018 10:50 PM

All replies

• Hi ThoughPolice,

For custom hardware requirement, you could add it in the Store listing section in your app submission page:

For more details, you could refer to Additional information.

To pass certification better, you might add it to Notes for certification to remind tester that you have added the needed hardware requirement.

If it helps, you might mark it as answer so that other community member faced with same issue could find it more conveniently.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 12, 2018 3:05 AM
  • Hello,

Any update about your submission?

If you still need further assistance, please feel free to post here or create a support ticket here: http://aka.ms/storesupport

Thank you.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 5, 2018 8:33 AM
  • This field simply doesn't exist. What are you talking about?

I have the same problem, but there is nowhere to enter the details in the store submission.

Where is this screenshot from? I can't see it anywhere in the submission process.

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 10:16 AM
  • The answer here is a partial answer. These fields are very hard to find if you're not familiar with the dashboard. This thread has a more full explanation with a lot more screenshots:

How To Fill In Minimum Required Hardware

Friday, July 20, 2018 11:04 PM