How to create Web App with Visual Studio integrating STP and STL files? RRS feed

• Question

• User2051224051 posted

Hi Guys !

I have a some Questions about Visual Studio and C#.

Is it possible to develop a Web App witch ASP.NET in Visual Studio which is able to read STP and STL files.

STP/STL files are ISO exchange formats for exchanging 3D model data. I have to read STP/STL files and generate the surface and volume and some other statistics from this files. Are there any C# class libraries which handle STP/STL file analysis. I have spent several hours searching for relevant stuff on the internet but I couldn`t find something. I hope you guys can provide me with some helpful links.

Thanks in Advance

Kürsat

Monday, February 8, 2016 1:29 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi Kürsat,

Is it possible to develop a Web App witch ASP.NET in Visual Studio which is able to read STP and STL files.

From your description above, I'd like to suggest you to look into the OpenSCAD and OpenCASCADE, it will be helpful for you.

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 9, 2016 8:04 AM