none
Can we migrate web and load tests from Visual Studio 2013 to Visual Studio 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Currently we are using Visual Studio 2013 for web and performance testing. Now we want to upgrade from Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate to Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise.

Do we need to migrate Visual Studio 2013 web and load test to use them in Visual Studio 2019 or we can use them as it is?

Please guide.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Rohan,

Thank you for posting here.

>> Do we need to migrate Visual Studio 2013 web and load test to use them in Visual Studio 2019 or we can use them as it is?

## You could still use Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise to test web performance and load test of Visual Studio 2013. I mean you could open and use the test solution in Visual Studio 2019 without migrating something.

## Each new version of Visual Studio generally supports most previous types of projects, files and other assets. Visual Studio generally tries to preserve backwards compatibility with previous versions like Visual Studio 2013.

## According to the official document: Project migration and upgrade reference for Visual Studio, about load test, Visual Studio 2019 supports the web and load test that were created in earlier version, you could work with them as you always have, and provided that you don’t depend on new features.

But please note, web performance and load test capabilities are deprecated in Visual Studio 2019 and VS 2019 will be the last release for load test.

In addition, I have also test in my side to create a web performance and load test in VS 2013 Ultimate, then open and continue to modify and test in VS 2019 Enterprise. The test project works fine.

Hope all above could help you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:33 AM