none
Unable to release build getting missing "vs_setup.msi" at path

Question

• Hi,

I am unable to release build due to missing vs_setup.msi, build for debug is working fine. I do not have CD I have installed visual studio 2010 premium online using my subscription id one year before. 

How can I fix this issue? How can I get back vs_setup.msi

Regards

Sunil

Thursday, February 23, 2017 3:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Sunil,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>>I am unable to release build due to missing vs_setup.msi

Please create a new project and modify the solution configuration to 'Release', then build it to check if this issue persists or not. If so, please share the screenshot of your current VS windows or provide the detail error message that you met, it will help us to analysis this issue, thank you for your understanding.

What's your VS 2010 version? If it have not install the VS 2010 SP1, please download Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 (Installer) and install it, then reboot the computer and VS to check this issue again.

If you already install the SP1, please go to Control Panel--Programs and Features and right click the VS 2010 and Change-Repair.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:47 AM