Installation of CU January 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have installed yesterday night the CU January 2016 of SharePoint and Project Servers on the 2 servers that are running on our SharePoint platform and have then run the Configuration Wizard.

Everything was running fine until this morning. Since 9h, we are experiencing a lot of performance issue, timeout...

Do you have any idea what could be the issue?

Before installing the CU, the platform has been running perfectly fine during several years.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Yann

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 10:24 AM

Answers

• Hello Lisa

Thanks a lot. I have been reviewing all your comment already yesterday without any success.

At the end, yesterday night, I have applied all the pending OS update and the CU of April 2016 and today it seems to work fine again.

I have also reconfigured the Distributed Cache service, as 2 old servers were appearing as UNKNOWN inside it.

Best regards

Yann

• Marked as answer by CRG Sysadmin Monday, April 25, 2016 10:41 AM
    Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hello

I have realized that if I restart the SQL server, then it is fine for one hour and then it starts being extremely slow or not responding again.

What could have affected the performance?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Yann

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:22 PM
  • Hi CRG,

Couple of things to check:

• If the Farm build level upgraded to new number.
    • From Central Admin > mange Server in the farm and see if any server required upgrade?
    • From central admin > upgrade and migration > review database status...check if any database required upgrade?
    • Did you run the PSconfig wizard on all servers? Or have you run SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard.
    • Enable the develop DashBoard and check which part of the page taking too much time.
    • if you have any customization make sure they are in place after the upgrade.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 21, 2016 3:28 AM
  • Hello Lisa

Thanks a lot. I have been reviewing all your comment already yesterday without any success.

At the end, yesterday night, I have applied all the pending OS update and the CU of April 2016 and today it seems to work fine again.

I have also reconfigured the Distributed Cache service, as 2 old servers were appearing as UNKNOWN inside it.

Best regards

Yann

• Marked as answer by CRG Sysadmin Monday, April 25, 2016 10:41 AM
    Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:21 AM
  • Hi CGR,

Thank you for your feedback on how you were successful in resolving this issue.

Since your issue is solved, please remember to mark the reply as an answer.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 22, 2016 10:54 AM