none
Executed file crash

Question

• I am using visual studio 2012 with sql server 2008 r2 when our clients use this executed file suddenly appear an error and close the software. we used Try and catch statement properly in this code.

Client Windows : Win7, Win8 (x32 and x64)

In the error showing Comctl32 are crashed.

Friday, April 28, 2017 10:00 AM

All replies

• Hello,

When you say file, is this an attached database e.g. somedatabase.mdf ? If so, where is the database located?

Has this happened before e.g. is this a new app or an existing app that worked at one time?

Has there been any updates to the computers of the clients recently including policy changes for permissions?

How are you connecting to the database e.g. Entity Framework, SqlClient data provider etc ?

More details are better then less.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, April 28, 2017 10:56 AM