vs 2012 import settings from vs 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i am having problems while importing settings file that i exported from my vs 2010 ultimate to vs 2012 pro.

i am having the error:

Error 1:  Menu and Command Bar Customizations: There is an error in the command bar settings. A command identifier was expected but not found.

any suggestions ?

Monday, February 11, 2013 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hello Emrahtopcu,

Thank you for your post.

I have tried to import settings that I export from VS2010 Ultimate to VS2012 Ultimate. And I found that some settings are not selected by default.

Reference:

I would like to know when you get the error. When you try to import it? During importing it?

If you have other environments with VS 2012 Professional, I suggest that you can try the same scenario on another machine to check the result. Maybe the issue is related to your environment.

In addition, I do a research and find a Microsoft Connect:

Reference : http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/745749/go-to-find-combo-did-not-import-with-vs-2010-settings

Go To Find combo was default in VS2010 toolbars. When settings are exported only customized toolbars are saved.

Best regards

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:35 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hello Emrahtopcu,

Thank you for your post.

I have tried to import settings that I export from VS2010 Ultimate to VS2012 Ultimate. And I found that some settings are not selected by default.

Reference:

I would like to know when you get the error. When you try to import it? During importing it?

If you have other environments with VS 2012 Professional, I suggest that you can try the same scenario on another machine to check the result. Maybe the issue is related to your environment.

In addition, I do a research and find a Microsoft Connect:

Reference : http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/745749/go-to-find-combo-did-not-import-with-vs-2010-settings

Go To Find combo was default in VS2010 toolbars. When settings are exported only customized toolbars are saved.

Best regards

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:35 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:52 AM
  • Why is this marked as an answer? It doesn't answer the question.

And why does it ask "I would like to know when you get the error. When you try to import it?". The first thing the OP says is when it happens!  "while importing settings file that i exported from my vs 2010".

This remains an issue, and is still present in VS2013 with Update 5.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:24 AM