Perforce to TFS 2015 migration RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking into replacing our company's ALM software and TFS 2015 is one of the options we are considering but we are having trouble finding information on migrating source code from Perforce to TFS 2015.  I seen some older forum posts and information about the TFS Integration Platform, but that tool has not been updated since 2012.  I've heard people having issue getting it to work with 2013 and 2015.  Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Friday, February 26, 2016 5:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, TFS Integration Tool supports TFS 2015. We could migrate work items and source code using this tool.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by NoPublicName1 Thursday, March 3, 2016 4:07 AM
    Thursday, March 3, 2016 2:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

The TFS Integration Tool could support TFS, but sometimes it is not friendly. Itonly supports migrating work items and source code.

In your case, if you want to migrate from Perforce to TFS 2015, please refer to the following documents:

Team Foundation Server Migration and Integration Solutions

Perforce Migration

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, February 29, 2016 9:30 AM
  • Hi Shrek,

Thank you for your reply.

I have looked at that solution before - my concern is that none of those documents mention TFS 2015 - the integration tools were last updated in 2012, long before 2012 or even 2013 was released.  Have those tools been tested with 2015 and is that scenario supported by Microsoft?

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 7:49 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, TFS Integration Tool supports TFS 2015. We could migrate work items and source code using this tool.

• Marked as answer by NoPublicName1 Thursday, March 3, 2016 4:07 AM
    Thursday, March 3, 2016 2:14 AM
  • Great, thanks Shrek.  I'll test out those tools and if I have any issues/questions I'll make sure to check here again.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 4:07 AM
  • Hi NoPublicName1,

Have you successfully migrated your Perforce content? If so, can you provide some guidance and share your experiences with the process?

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 6:50 PM
  • Hi NoPublicName1 - Definitely would be interested in your findings as well.

Michael

Friday, June 10, 2016 3:02 PM