none
HCK issue - Test Platform are chaotic RRS feed

• Question

• Here is an issue that I found the test platform appear in Selection page is different from what appear in Tests page.

As following image shows, we are testing the “TA272HL” in Win8.1, Win8, Win7.

But the test platform display differently in the HCK2.1.

In the Selection page, it is chaotic and duplicate.

In the Tests page, it appears correctly.

What may cause this issue, or it is the bug of the HCK2.1?

Waiting for your reply, Thank you~

win-key

Friday, November 15, 2013 12:31 AM

All replies

• This is interesting. A few questions to understand what may have happened -

Have you reused any machines (i.e. setup a machine with Windows 8.1 and then re-imaged with Windows 8)?

Did you have systems setup with Windows 8 and then download Windows 8.1?

Can you clarify more what your expected behavior is on the screen shots provided?

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:35 PM
  • I have installed 6 Test OS on one PC(Client 8),Win7 X86, Win7 X64, Win8 X86, Win8 X64, Win8.1 X86 and Win8.1 X64. And finish all the test for target “TA272HL” by selecting different test platform on one client PC.

IN HCK2.0, I also do this in the same way, but there is no any issue appear.

win-key

Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:20 AM
  • Are you running these clients on a VM (which is not supported)?

If not, it seems that there could be some issues with reinstalling the clients for the other OS and not cleaning up the previous client entries. It's hard to tell w/o knowing more detail about how you re-use the client machines.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, November 18, 2013 6:48 PM
  • Actuallly  I think Running HCK client in the VM is supported ,or else virtualization vendors can not vertify their PV drivers

Mike

Best Regards, Mike

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:00 AM
  • It is ok when i test on each OS alone. But after i merged all the result together, the Test OS appear chaotic.

win-key

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:32 AM
  • I see. I didn't realize this was a package with merged results. It is hard to see understand what happened without looking at the individual packages.

Something to consider is that we introduced something called deep merge. Previously, when packages where merged, all the content was appended. Now we attempt to match targets and combine the results. This allows for distributed testing across projects/controllers. That is, you could run half of the tests on one machine/controller and the other half on another.

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn247337.aspx for more information on distributed testing and http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn293688.aspx for more information about merging.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:45 AM
  • Yes, i know that, but

1. It is OK in HCK2.0 when i am doing in the same way.

2. Evenif the each single test is finished on different PC and OS, this issue still could be happen after merging.

Can you help me to have an analysis on my package? if it is ok, please give me your mail addrss so that  i can send my package to you.

win-key

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:32 AM
  • Is it possible for me to get the package to have a look ?

Thanks,

Best Regards, Mike

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 11:22 AM
  • As I reviewed this thread, can you be more specific about what is "chaotic and duplicate"?

On the picture of the selection tab, you are looking at each specific selected target and the machine/platform that each target comes from. You also highlighted specific columns. You can sort by the platform column and see each of the devices you selected.

On the test tab, you highlighted the project summary data. This data is meant to be a concise view of the project. It removes duplication for brevity. This comparison you are making is not "apples-to-apples". The project summary is not just for the tests tab. It is on every tab except the selection tab (don't ask why ;-) and looks the same on each tab.

In short, your package shows that there were 20 targets selected over 6 platforms. It appears that you used the same machine with different platforms (i.e. machine WHCK-CLIENT-8 with Windows 8 x64 and Windows v6.3 x86)

I hope this provides insight into what may be happening.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:39 PM
  • Yes, you are right.  And "chaotic and duplicate" mean garbled.

For example, to the target “TA272HL” , i have finished the test in Win7 X86, Win7 X64, Win8 X86,Win8 X64,Win8.1 X86 and Win8.1 X64( 6 OS are installed on one PC(Client 8)).

So in the selection there should be 6 "TA272HL" targers and the platform should be Win7 X86, Win7 X64, Win8 X86,Win8 X64,Win8.1 X86 and Win8.1 X64 accordingly.

Actually, in the selection tap, there are 6 "TA272HL" targets, but the platform appear 5 "Win8 X64" and 1 "Win8.1 X86".

win-key

Friday, November 22, 2013 12:45 AM