none
Processing on a different computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

If i understand correctly it is now possible to use recorded data as a stream for Kinect programs with the aid of Kinect Studio, I suspect that it replaces the stream from the sensor or creates a virtual sensor to achieve this. I wish to do something similar, but not with recorded data but with date from a different computer. A kinect sensor will be placed on a robot, while it will have a computer that would be capable to find the skeletons and faces, it would take most of its processing power (and batteries), not to mention that we need to stream the images and depth data to a different computer anyway for further image processing stuff. Is there a way to do this? (the fact that the target computer would need another sensor plugged in is not a problem).

Thanks
    Antal Martinecz

Sunday, July 1, 2012 1:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Antal -

sorry but this is not supported at the moment, Skeletal Tracking can only process the depth of a Kinect attached to the same PC.

- Mauro Giusti. ----------------------------------------------------- There is only one way to do the job: the right way. (Gus)

• Proposed as answer by Michael Osthege Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Smecz Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:50 PM
    Friday, July 6, 2012 10:25 PM