none
Some paragraphs displaying in the wrong place, some don't display at all RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all;

To understand my question, here is our use case. We have a program that takes a DOCX file, that has tags for data in it (think mail merge on steroids) and generates a PDF. Our code generates the PDF, we do not call Word.

If you look at the file ATE-4471_template.docx on page 3 you see:

Then look at the PDF we generate from it, ATE-4471_output.pdf. On page 2 you see:

So two big questions. First, the text "39-IC-F0852 - Issue 3.0" is displayed in Word at the top of the header. But it occurs in the header after the "Australian Certificate of..." content. Why does it get rendered above.

Second, all the text in red at the bottom of the header - that exists in the DOCX file. But Word does not display it. Why?

thanks - dave

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

Thursday, November 19, 2020 9:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your question. One of our engineers will respond soon. 

Best regards,

Jeff McCashland | Microsoft Protocols Open Specifications Team

Thursday, November 19, 2020 10:01 PM
  • Hi Dave, I'll take a look at this too and let you know what I find.

Mike Bowen

Escalation Engineer Microsoft Open Specifications

Thursday, November 19, 2020 11:50 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Could you clarify what you’re asking about the OOXML standard? Is there something in the xml parts that is unexpected or displaying in Word incorrectly? With regards to the rendering issues, unfortunately, I don’t have any way of determining what’s going on with your PDF, since you’re generating the PDF yourself.

Mike Bowen

Escalation Engineer Microsoft Open Specifications

Friday, November 20, 2020 10:22 PM
  • Hi Mike;

Yes, happy to do so. Please open header4.xml and search for F00000. That will get you the text that is in red. What does that text not display in Word?

thanks - dave

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

Saturday, November 21, 2020 4:47 PM