none
CLR Profiler on SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can I run CLR Profiler on a SharePoint site? The site uses custom pages developed on VS2005.

Thanks,

David
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:40 AM

Answers

• I've not used it myself, but presumably you can follow the method here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms979205.aspx#scalenethowto13_topic5

It says:

Profiling ASP.NET Applications

Use the following steps to profile ASP.NET applications.

To profile an ASP.NET application

1. Start CLR Profiler.
    2. Make sure that the following check boxes are selected:
      • Profiling active
      • Allocations
      • Calls
    3. On the File menu, click Profile ASP.NET.

CLR Profiler shuts down Internet Information Services (IIS), adds environment variables that are needed for profiling, and restarts IIS. CLR Profiler then prompts you to load the ASP.NET application and waits for the ASP.NET worker process to start.

4. Use Microsoft Internet Explorer to browse to the ASP.NET application you want to profile.

You can also run your Web application by using a client tool such as Microsoft Application Center Test (ACT.)

5. When you have finished running the application, click Kill ASP.NET in the CLR Profiler main window.

CLR Profiler shuts down IIS, removes the environment variables, and restarts IIS.

Note   Sometimes the current version of the tool does not respond to the page load in Step 4. If this problem occurs, try changing the ASP.NET process identity to SYSTEM in the <ProcessModel> element in Machine.config. After you finish profiling your application, be certain that you change the application's identity back to machine.

• Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:29 AM
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:55 PM