none
Word Automation in VS 2015 Community Edition RRS feed

• Question

• I had project I was working (I don't remember maybe I coded it in 2012 version of VS) on and I zipped it and uploaded it on OneDrive and after some time I downloaded it from OneDrive

and installed VS 2015 Community and tried to open it with that. It gave me some nasty message and when I tried to run application many warnings/many errors about word code which prevousily worked well.

When I run previously build it works fine. I need to change things on previous build.

So my question is where to start solving problem?

I don't find VS 2015 Community intuitive and simple.

Sunday, December 30, 2018 11:22 AM

Answers

• Hello,

• The first thing to do is think about what version of Office was installed originally and now, are they different?
    • If versions are different in regards to Office DLL's (references in your project) then update them.
    • Either way there may be differences in how Word code works now verses then which is one of the issues when working with Word in a .NET project.
    • What are the nasty errors e.g. COM related or something else, more details are better than less unless there is a long stack trace.
    • In regards to VS2015, best to use VS2017 Community edition (free).

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by Boris BassX Sunday, December 30, 2018 1:28 PM
    Sunday, December 30, 2018 11:42 AM

All replies

• Hello,

• The first thing to do is think about what version of Office was installed originally and now, are they different?
    • If versions are different in regards to Office DLL's (references in your project) then update them.
    • Either way there may be differences in how Word code works now verses then which is one of the issues when working with Word in a .NET project.
    • What are the nasty errors e.g. COM related or something else, more details are better than less unless there is a long stack trace.
    • In regards to VS2015, best to use VS2017 Community edition (free).

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by Boris BassX Sunday, December 30, 2018 1:28 PM
    Sunday, December 30, 2018 11:42 AM
  • I'll just rebuild it. Thanks for advice it seems to work.
    Sunday, December 30, 2018 1:28 PM