none
Split access database linked to outlook folder - end user MAPI error RRS feed

• Question

• I have an access database that is split into a front end and back end. The database is linked to a shared outlook folder and is designed to parse email responses and add them to the database when the user clicks a button. All of the users have access to the shared outlook folder but they are getting a MAPI folder not found error when they try to use this feature. I asked one of the users to try to open the linked table and she got the error again, so it seems to be related to their access to that folder. The feature works fine for me.  I have looked all over the place online and can't find an answer to this problem. Does anyone have any experience with this?  Thank you in advance!
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you compared your permissions to the user's permissions? Use Get-MailboxFolderPermissions command to do this. 

More information can be found here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd335061%28v=exchg.160%29.aspx

Thanks.

Please mark as an answer if this answers your question

Mark Gossa

MCSE 2003, MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008 R2, MCSA 2012 R2, MCTS Exchange 2010, MCTS SQL 2012, MCTS SharePoint 2007, VCP4, VCP5, CCNA

Blog: http://markgossa.blogspot.com   LinkedIn:

Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:34 PM
  • Hi, thanks for chiming in.  All of the database users are listed as folder owners.  As a folder owner, I am able to view the permissions for the folder. 
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:51 PM
  • Some additional info.  I was able to track down the linked table properties.  They seem to be user specific (pointing to MY folders by user number).  Is there a way to make this generic so any user is looking at their own temp folder?  It seems like this is where my problem could be.

Outlook 9.0;MAPILEVEL=SHARED FOLDER|;PROFILE=Outlook;TABLETYPE=0;TABLENAME=GFP;COLSETVERSION=12.0;DATABASE=C:\Users\111111\AppData\Local\Temp\

• Edited by mdeck1218 Tuesday, November 10, 2015 4:17 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 4:17 PM