none
DotNet 3.5 compiler error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm developing my software in VStudio2008. My project combines both native C++ and managed C++ with CLR support. I recently changed NetFramework from 2 to 3.5. With this change its compiler asked a reference to System.Core for some of my code. So, I imported it into my project's reference. However, this import results in a fatal compiler error message quoted as the follow.

"c:\project\comm.cpp(177) : fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.

(compiler file 'f:\dd\vctools\compiler\utc\src\p2\main.c[0x5111E0DB:0x00000030]', line 243)

To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.

Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++

Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information"

The error basically happened on the following alike simple code:

char* lcode = "abc";

System::String^ str = gcnew System::String(lcode);

However, the error went away when I did the following test. Certainly, I can't use the following code for my real case where a char pointer variable is used.

System::String^ str = gcnew System::String("abc");

There is a bug report at https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/374739/c-c1001-compiler-error-main-c-0x5111e0db-0x00000030-line-182 that has the same kind of error message but resulted from a different scenario. Does anyone know if there is any fix that suits my case?

Many thanks

Chris

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:17 AM

Answers