Date Range Filter RRS feed

• Question

• I have images that are associated with a Date Range like 2010/1/1 - 2010/2/1. I need to make a filter that is a date range as well and will show any image in which the date ranges overlap. i.e. images active during the month of March even if the start or end date is not in the month of March, but it goes through March. Is there any way to do this?

Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:48 PM

Answers

• So you are going to run into a bit of a limitation here.  However, I have a suggestion that might work for you, it just won't be pretty.

Since you can have a multi-value facet, why not create a "DateRange" facet that is a date/time.  Then for each item, add a value for every day in your date range for that image.  So 2010/1/1 - 2010/2/1 should have 32 date values in your facet.  You "should" be able to create a filter off of that facet that will meet your needs.

Let me know if this works for you.

Tony

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check this document to see whether it could meet your requirement.

http://geekswithblogs.net/tkokke/archive/2010/08/24/pivotviewer-ndash-working-with-facets.aspx

Monday, April 18, 2011 1:11 AM
  • So you are going to run into a bit of a limitation here.  However, I have a suggestion that might work for you, it just won't be pretty.

Since you can have a multi-value facet, why not create a "DateRange" facet that is a date/time.  Then for each item, add a value for every day in your date range for that image.  So 2010/1/1 - 2010/2/1 should have 32 date values in your facet.  You "should" be able to create a filter off of that facet that will meet your needs.

Let me know if this works for you.

Tony

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:18 PM