none
Signing Issue with VSTO,Manifest files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

We have developed an outlook VSTO Addin for 2007. I gave full trust and signed the installer aslo.But when user installs the addin for the first time,he is getting "unknown publisher" security error dialog when user opens the outlook.

To resolve this issue I followed MSDN article : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc175513%28v=vs.90%29.aspx

With mage.exe  and verisign certificate, we tried to signing the vsto,manifest files. Initially I got "unrecognized file error " after that again tried to signing, this time we succeed.But when open the properties of the vsto,manifest file there is no digital signature tab and also the same "unknown publisher" error is getting displayed with those files.

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Thank you.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Based on your issue, I think that your client PC certificate import operations may get something wrong and you need to check or re-import them again. 

Also, I would suggest you a bolg in relation to self signed certificate and Outlook VSTO Add-in installation and I believe you will catch some useful ideas for your issue from it. Please refer to http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rextang/archive/2009/01/27/9377001.aspx

Hope this helps. If there is any progress or problem, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Leo_Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:22 AM
  • Hi Leo_Gao,

Thanks for the response.

we tried to signing the vsto,manifest files with mage.exe  and verisign certificate as mentioned in MSDN.I got signing sucess with mage.exe. But when I check the properties of signed manifest file, digital signature tab is not getting visible. I'm not getting whether those files are really signed?    How can I know those files are signed or not.

Pls help me. 

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:31 PM