Problem when two releases try to release on a schedule on the same time RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have a strange problem

When we try to do two releases at the same scheduled time to the same webserver it only runs the first one and moves the next one to the next day but the same time.

It only seems to happen when its to the same server. We did two releases to two different webserver and that worked. But releases to the same webserver doesnt work.

I cant see anything in the TFS activity log that is telling me why this is happening.

We use TFS 2017 update 2

Let me know if you need more info

Kind regards

Fredrik Almén

Monday, November 13, 2017 8:14 PM

All replies

• So I noticed another strange behavior tonight.

We scheduled 7 releases, all of them to release at 02:00. None of them were released and all of them was postponed 02:00 the next day(24 hours later).

This is really strange behavior.

Kind regards

Fredrik

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:10 AM
  • Hi,

Do you mean the other releases are not started or they are started but canceled? What’s the detail setting of your release definitions? What’s the result if you started these releases manually?

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Saturday, November 25, 2017 3:06 AM