none
Unable to proceed further RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Lloyd,
    Further to this
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkgeneral/thread/17b85b9c-e306-405a-ab54-1b1b059be117#x_BKMK_SilentInst

I can't find out the file "AdaptersSetup.msi" within this
    en_biztalk_server_2009_adapters_for_host_systems_2_0_enterprise_edition_x86_and_x64_cd_x15-48262

Many Thanks & Best Regards, Hua Min

• Edited by Jackson_1990 Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:21 AM
    Monday, October 8, 2012 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hi HuaMin,

Did you install BizTalk Adapter Pack from the Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack installation disk? Please note the "AdaptersSetup.msi" located in the root location of the installation CD.

You can also download BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0, run "Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2_0 Evaluation x86.exe" to Unzip the installation files to a specified folder, then run "AdaptersSetup.msi" in that folder to install BizTalk adapters.

BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2755

Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:18 AM
  • Thanks. I've added SQLAdapter on the server. How can I further use or configure to use that when creating one 'Consume adapter service' to my project?

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 9:21 AM
  • Hi HuaMin,

I assume that you want to connect to SQL Server by using Consume Adapter Service Add-in which is installed with WCF LOB Adapter SDK. If this is your case, you can refer to the following article:

Connecting to SQL Server in Visual Studio Using Consume Adapter Service Add-in

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/dd788067(v=bts.10).aspx

Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:01 AM
  • Many thanks. How can I further refer to one schema for choosing relevant SP/tables in that?

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:32 AM
  • Hi Hua Min,

You can use this Wizard to connect to the database specified in the URL(you currently connected to the local server default database "mssql://.//?"). Then, you can choose SP or table , select operations, and click OK to generate the artifacts.  It will generate the schemas and Binding Information XML. To proceed further, please check following tasks::

• Create a BizTalk project, and generate schema for the operation you want to invoke on a SQL Server database table or view.
      • Create messages in the BizTalk project for sending and receiving messages from the SQL Server database.
      • Create an orchestration to invoke the operation on the SQL Server database table or view.
      • Build and deploy the BizTalk project.
      • Configure the BizTalk application by creating physical send and receive ports.
      • Start the BizTalk application.

For the detailed information, please refer to:

Developing BizTalk Applications

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd788038(v=bts.10).aspx

Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]

Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:24 AM
  • Hi,
    Thanks. I can connect to that. But in the relevant schema, there are some SPs. Why can't I see them?

Is there a way to link to the relevant SP in the wizard called 'Consume adapter service'?

Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:39 AM
  • Hi Hua Min,

If you click the "Procedures", the available procedures will show in the right textbox "Available categories and operations". As not all of procedures will be listed there due to required permissions, I'd suggest you create a new database and procedures for testing. Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]

Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:51 AM
  • Many thanks. Yes, it is OK for that now.
    I want to see:
    is there a way to choose a SP to do further insert within Consume Adapter service? If yes, how to further pass parameters to it? And the parameters are taken from the flat file which serves as the input to the Biztalk process.

Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:19 AM
  • I hope this blog post on invoking the SP by Steef will be helpful to you. 

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitt-sharma.blogspot.com/)

Friday, October 12, 2012 8:19 AM
  • Rohit,
    How can I pass parameters to the SP within Consume Adapter service wizard? If such wizard is not the way to do that, how can we pass parameters to the SP for further pushing data to the DB?

Friday, October 12, 2012 8:31 AM
  • Any advice to this?

Monday, October 15, 2012 2:18 AM
  • Hi HuaMin,

I suggest download "Understanding the New BizTalk Adapter for SQL Server.docx" from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22344

It will give you all the information you want and some samples for you reference.

Thanks,

Alan Yao [MSFT]

Monday, October 15, 2012 9:47 AM
  • I wanted to confirm if there is one way to pass parameters to the SP being called.

Monday, October 15, 2012 10:15 AM
  • The document contains the information in "Executing Stored Procedures in SQL Server" part under "What operations can be performed using SQL Adapter" section:

The Transact-SQL and CLR stored procedures in SQL Server are surfaced as
    operations under the Procedures node. The operation names exposed by the SQL
    adapter are the same as the name of the stored procedure in SQL Server. All the
    parameters in the stored procedure are exposed in the corresponding operation.
    The OUT parameter contains the return value of the stored procedure. The result
    set of the stored procedure is an array of DataSet.

And when you search uspGetEmployeeManagers which is a sp of AdventureWorks sample db and the sp has a parameter, you can find a sample.

Thanks,

Alan Yao [MSFT]

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:55 AM
  • Alan,
    Could you please see my case, and advise how I can pass the data captured from the flat file and then pass them as parameters to the SP?

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:19 AM
  • Hi Hua,

Could you please Zip your project(Right-click the folder, click Send To, click compressed(zipped) folder ), then upload it again?

Thanks. 

Leo Tang [MSFT]

Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:03 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for update! I checked you project, you already created PurchaseOrder.xsd and Procedure.dbo.xsd schemas. To pass the data captured from the flat file as parameters to the SP, you can either create a straight map from the single flat file schema to the single stored procedure schema or mapping all the purchase items in the flat file to only one XML that is sent to the WCF-SQL Adapter. For the detailed information, please refer to:

Using the BizTalk WCF-SQL Adapter to load a flat file into a SQL Server 2008 table

http://connectedthoughts.wordpress.com/2009/06/29/using-the-biztalk-wcf-sql-adapter-to-load-a-flat-file-into-a-sql-server-2008-table/

Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]

Friday, October 19, 2012 1:45 AM
  • Thanks Leo. I do need more details regarding inserting the data from flat file into both header & detail tables, in the Xsd structure, which I've shown to you through the app.

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:33 AM
  • Hi,

In this case, I think you can write two stored procedures, generate corresponding schemas, then configure two send ports in BizTalk to achieve the goal. Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]

Monday, October 22, 2012 2:44 AM
  • Thanks. Can I have more details to call the relevant SP on the specific ports since there're 2 ports involved here?

Monday, October 22, 2012 3:14 AM
  • Hi,

In Visual Studio, you can drag a second Send component into the Orchestration, create the message and configure another port in the Port Surface. Then create two send ports in BizTalk Server Administration by using different bindings.

Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]

Monday, October 22, 2012 9:31 AM