[RS3:1709][UWP]Store submission fails: Unsupported APIs from System.IO.Ports.dll RRS feed

• Question

Hi,

I'm trying to publish my UWP app targeting Fall Creators Update SDK 10.0.16299.15, but the Store submission fails with the following errors:

Supported API test: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
    API ClearCommBreak in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    API ClearCommError in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    API EscapeCommFunction in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    API GetCommModemStatus in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    API GetCommProperties in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    API GetCommState in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    API PurgeComm in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    API SetCommBreak in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    API SetCommMask in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    API SetCommState in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    API SetCommTimeouts in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    API SetupComm in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    API WaitCommEvent in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    API OpenCommPort in kernelbase.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.

Here's all I know so far:

• My app package is built in Release mode with .NET Native enabled
    • Visual Studio reports some warnings for the x64 Release build of my app, but no errors
    • App Cert Kit (on my local machine) does not report any errors
    • Dev Center reports the errors for all platforms (x86, x64, ARM)
    • Dev Center does not report any errors if the app is submitted via a package flight (for beta testers)
    • I tried building the app package on another PC - this didn't make a difference
    • I tried to contact the support chat - they had no idea and suggested to ask in this forum
    • To my knowledge, my app does not reference any unsupported APIs

Once again: I successfully published the app to my beta testers already, via a package flight. This is especially surprising, since according to the documentation the certification process for flighted and non-flighted submissions is the same - apparently, it's not.

I'd be thankful for any suggestions!

Saturday, October 28, 2017 11:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Roy,

Thank you for the answer, I hope the issue is resolved soon.

I was now able to work around the issue. In my case, the app was referencing two class libraries targeting .NET Standard 1.4, one of these libraries in turn referenced Newtonsoft.Json v10.0.1. As a last trial-and-error effort of mine, I updated Newtonsoft.Json to v10.0.3 and re-targeted both class libraries to .NET Standard 2.0. With these two changes, the Dev Center now accepts the app package without errors, although I don't know which of the two changes actually resolved the issue.

• Edited by SvenEV Monday, October 30, 2017 2:48 PM Fixed typo
    • Marked as answer by SvenEV Monday, October 30, 2017 2:49 PM
    Monday, October 30, 2017 12:18 PM

All replies

• Hi SvenEV

Thank you for reporting this issue to use. This is a known issue in our system. The related team is investigating this.

Appreciate your patience in advance.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 30, 2017 8:59 AM
  • Hi Roy,

Thank you for the answer, I hope the issue is resolved soon.

I was now able to work around the issue. In my case, the app was referencing two class libraries targeting .NET Standard 1.4, one of these libraries in turn referenced Newtonsoft.Json v10.0.1. As a last trial-and-error effort of mine, I updated Newtonsoft.Json to v10.0.3 and re-targeted both class libraries to .NET Standard 2.0. With these two changes, the Dev Center now accepts the app package without errors, although I don't know which of the two changes actually resolved the issue.

• Edited by SvenEV Monday, October 30, 2017 2:48 PM Fixed typo
    • Marked as answer by SvenEV Monday, October 30, 2017 2:49 PM
    Monday, October 30, 2017 12:18 PM