none
Biztalk AS2/EDI Error handling B2B Scenario RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Anyone !

I am doing  business in 850,810,856,997 and 870....

I have incorporated everything in the send port ....There is no orchestration I am using ...

My question is where do you thing i might get stuck for not using Orchestration ...

I have to do error handling as well....like if the file transfer fails what shall I do in that regard ..do the manual work or send the files automatically ....if automatically what is the method ..

What artifacts do I need for that ...??

Also sometimes I get and send files which have many batches in one file...

What do you think is the professional approach to handle that kind of file ...split them or

send them as they are ...I tried to do batching on the send port but it s not very efficient ...

Do you think orchestration is a better option for batching ....I m not talking about the bulit in orchestrations for batching ...

Any one 's help appreciated ....

Thanks .

Thursday, April 29, 2010 8:20 PM

Answers

• I would use an orchestration for error reporting - you can use exception handling on a scope to accomplish this.

As for the batching question, it depends how complicated your batch is. If there are different message types all together in one batch you may need to do some custom processing to handle splitting those apart. You could definitely do this in a custom pipeline component to handle splitting them apart.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Friday, April 30, 2010 2:18 AM

All replies

• I would use an orchestration for error reporting - you can use exception handling on a scope to accomplish this.

As for the batching question, it depends how complicated your batch is. If there are different message types all together in one batch you may need to do some custom processing to handle splitting those apart. You could definitely do this in a custom pipeline component to handle splitting them apart.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Friday, April 30, 2010 2:18 AM
  • Thanks Ben!

I will look into today .....

Friday, April 30, 2010 2:49 PM