Disable the Windows Key in both the physical and virtual keyboard RRS feed

• Question

• The following reg code will disable the Windows Key on a Physical keyboard but not the Virtual keyboard (I am using Windows 7).

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
    "Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,00,00,5B,E0,00,00,5C,E0,00,00,00,00

I can't find anything about disbaling the Windows Key on a virtual keyboard, does anyone know how to do this?

Oh to re-enable the Windows Key on a phyiscal keyboard use the following:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
    "Scancode Map"=-  

or just delete the Scancode Map value.

• Moved by Jie Bao Monday, April 23, 2012 7:26 AM (From:Application Compatibility for Windows Desktop Development)
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• On Screen  Keyboard is one application that is used to simlate the keyboard to send the Key Events to system. But it is not a physical keyboard, so system cannot change its layout via system keyboard layout setting.

I do not think your question is one Windows Software development compatibility issue, not sure why one MSFT CSG redirect it to here. I will help to move it to the "Where is the forum for...", hope there can provide one correct direction.

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, April 23, 2012 7:26 AM
  • Try this forum... http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, April 23, 2012 11:35 PM