none
SharePoint Design 2013 Approval Process Workflow

Question

• Team,

I've been searching this site looking for a solution and have not found anything.  I am creating a vacation calendar.  I have created a list and a calendar. The user submits the request on the list which triggers the workflow.  The workflow assigns a task to the manager who should be able to approve it.  Then the workflow adds it to the calendar and deletes it from the list.

The challenge I am having is the approval.  When I set the task it sends the email to the manager.  The manager clicks in but has no where to approve (can I add a link to the email for approve/reject?).  The manager must go to the Workflow Tasks page and the only open giving is a checkbox, which approves the item.  There is no where to reject the item.  So I did some digging and found I did not have approvals turned on for the list.  So I turned it on and now when I click the three dots (...) I see advance and approve/reject.  Great! Nope....  When you select either of these options nothing happens.  I've added some images of the workflow, the workflow task screen and the approval screen you received when clicking the "..."

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks for all your help!

Friday, March 17, 2017 5:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Bill,

Whether you use SharePoint 2010 workflow platform or 2013 platform?

If you use 2010 platform, When we open the email after start an approval workflow, there is “open this task” button that can display the approval option.

If you use 2013 platform, when we open the email after start an approval workflow, there is a link that point to the display form. And click the “Edit item” ribbon, then we can see the approval option.

There is no screenshot of your workflow and approval screen you provided. Please offer the screenshots of your issue to find more information.

If you don’t have permission to upload a picture, please upload the picture in OneDrive and share the URL with us.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 20, 2017 7:05 AM
  • Hi Bill,

How about your issue?

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:17 AM
  • i experienced that Bill. i suggest to use infopath. it will help you. maybe i can send a sample forms and workflows to your email.
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:00 PM