none
regular expression to extract text based on positions RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have a sample input file as follows, with columns Id,Name,Date,Description,Location(separated by ';')

220;John;10/12/2012;Working as a Professor in University;Hyderabad
    221;Paul;15/08/2012;He is a Software engineer at MNC;Bangalore
    222;Emma;25/01/2013;Working as a mechanical enginner;Chennai

Like this It contains 30 lines of data.
    My requirement is to extract fields based on position and delimiter using regular expression in eclipse ide from the above text file.

For example : I want to extract all dates based on the position(3) in the text file, like that i want to extract all the descriptions(4) like that whatever text present in that position i want to extract the text, please suggest me how to do it,
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:56 AM

All replies

• People,

The only way I can see abuse here is if the poster has posted this same message on multiple sites, hoping someone will listen. If that is not the case, then it's not abusive, it's simply somebody who need help with his website. I'll assume the latter.

mahodaya,

Sorry but you have posted to a forum that deals exclusively with questions/issues about customizing and programming Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application. I suggest you look at the following to find a more appropriate forum for your needs:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whatforum/threads

John

Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:03 PM