Capturing KeyPress Events on Mobile Devices RRS feed

• Question

• User94112036 posted

All,

I have a question in regard to UI experince when creating mobile web applications. I am very versed in C# and other languages, and know DotNet. Anyway I am creating a mobile web application that is to be used in conjunction with Windows CE devices, that have keypads and scanners attached. This is for a warehouse application, and I wanted to see if anyone had ever tried to capture a Keypress event, say the 1 key or "enter" key and detect that for allowing the mobile user to work with the key bad, vs. having to tab and enter, or click on the link with a stylus?

Basicaly I am creating a menu for the mobile web app with the numbers (1), (2), etc. beside them. The user's want the ability to press (1) and then that menu item [link] is activated and used. Anyway I know that most devices with a built in key pad can make use and handle the tab and enter key's themselves, but I wanted to offer an even faster shortcut, by allowing for the numerical key's to be associated and used with men items for a mobile ASP.Net page. Any advice on how doable this is, any pointers, etc. would be great!

thanks, Brandon ~

Monday, January 22, 2007 2:52 PM

All replies