none
Where do I ask questions about Visual Studio 2005 Pro and Reporting Services 2005 crashing? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having a lot of problems with my Visual Studio 2005 (with SP1) crashing and behaving oddly when I am working with reports for Reporting Services.

Which forum should I use?

Thanks!

Best regards

Iain E. Herdman

ITT SV

Sweden

Friday, November 16, 2007 7:51 AM

Answers

• If you believe the crashes are caused by the report designer, turn to the Visual Studio Report Controls forum.

Friday, November 16, 2007 9:51 AM
  • This is the second time I have seen the problem it could be related to you trying to use the Web version of the control in local mode which has limited support.  It is better to use the web version with reporting services which means the control is in remote mode and you need to install the free SQL Server developer edition with IIS installed because without IIS reporting services is disabled by the SQL Server installer.

What I am trying to tell you the Visaul Studio team gave you a tool in local mode can do a lot in Winform but not Webform because the web is stateless.  So go read the docs.

Friday, November 16, 2007 3:47 PM

All replies

• If you believe the crashes are caused by the report designer, turn to the Visual Studio Report Controls forum.

Friday, November 16, 2007 9:51 AM
  • This is the second time I have seen the problem it could be related to you trying to use the Web version of the control in local mode which has limited support.  It is better to use the web version with reporting services which means the control is in remote mode and you need to install the free SQL Server developer edition with IIS installed because without IIS reporting services is disabled by the SQL Server installer.

What I am trying to tell you the Visaul Studio team gave you a tool in local mode can do a lot in Winform but not Webform because the web is stateless.  So go read the docs.

Friday, November 16, 2007 3:47 PM
  • Ok, thanks!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:31 AM