none
Maximum and minimum length of a node RRS feed

• Question

• I have an EDI Schema with nodes with base datatype as EDIFACT_N which is derived from the datatype xs:string. When the datatype is set as EDIFACT_N the same is not working properly. And so the datatype needs to be changed to xs:decimal. But how can the minimum and maximum length of the node be set???

Regards, Vivin.

Monday, November 10, 2014 4:48 AM

Answers

• Yes that is right . (you have option for inclusive/exclusive though)
    MaxFacet Value property to specify the maximum value (inclusive or exclusive, as specified by the MaxFacet Type property). Similarly MinFacet Value for minimum value

Please mark it as Answer if this answers your question
    Thanks.
    Mo
    The contents I write here is my personal views, not the view of my employer and anyone else.

• Marked as answer by Vivin Muthu Tuesday, November 11, 2014 11:47 AM
    Monday, November 10, 2014 10:59 PM

All replies

• You need to apply the restriction on the base data type ("EDIFACT_N" in your case). 

From schema editor, change the "Derived By" property to have value "Restriction". You can see various restriction options. One of the property you are looking for is "Minimum Length" and "Meximum Length" for string base type / or "MinFacet Value" and "MaxFacet Value" for a decimal base type.

Thanks.
    Mo
    The contents I write here is my personal views, not the view of my employer and anyone else.

Monday, November 10, 2014 5:07 AM
  • Hi Mohan,

Doesnt the MinFacet and MaxFacet value stands for the minimum and maximum value allowed in that node?? for eg. if minfacet value is 1 and maxfacet value is 10, then the allowed values in that node are from 1 to 10 isn't it?

Regards, Vivin.

Monday, November 10, 2014 5:19 AM
  • Yes that is right . (you have option for inclusive/exclusive though)
    MaxFacet Value property to specify the maximum value (inclusive or exclusive, as specified by the MaxFacet Type property). Similarly MinFacet Value for minimum value

Thanks.
    Mo

• Marked as answer by Vivin Muthu Tuesday, November 11, 2014 11:47 AM
    Monday, November 10, 2014 10:59 PM
  • So the MaxFacet and MinFacet property cant be used to specify the length of a node with datatype as decimal... Is there any other field where the minimum and maximum length can be specified?

Regards, Vivin.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 4:40 AM