none
Please help solve the MaximumDevicesReached ActiveSync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing an mobile app using ActiveSync.

However, when I run my mobile app many times, i got an errors:

MaximumDevicesReached = 177

How could I avoid the error or work around the problem? Thank you in advance.

• Edited by cuonghq612 Friday, October 9, 2015 11:20 AM change question
    Friday, October 9, 2015 6:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Your best option would be to clean up the ActiveSync devices which are created each time the app is run. You can use the below command to delete all ActiveSync devices for the Administrator account:

Get-ActiveSyncDevice -Mailbox administrator | Remove-ActiveSyncDevice

The other option you have is to run the below commands to set the maximum ActiveSync limits on the required mailboxes. In this example, I'm setting an unlimited number of devices which can be set up and deleted per month for the Administrator mailbox:
    New-ThrottlingPolicy -Name ActiveSync-NoLimit -EasMaxDevices Unlimited -EasMaxDeviceDeletesPerMonth Unlimited
    Set-Mailbox administrator -ThrottlingPolicy ActiveSync-NoLimit

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

Please mark as an answer if this answers your question

Mark Gossa

MCSE 2003, MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008 R2, MCSA 2012 R2, MCTS Exchange 2010

Blog: http://markgossa.blogspot.com

Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

• Marked as answer by cuonghq612 Monday, October 19, 2015 11:22 AM
    Saturday, October 17, 2015 1:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Your best option would be to clean up the ActiveSync devices which are created each time the app is run. You can use the below command to delete all ActiveSync devices for the Administrator account:

Get-ActiveSyncDevice -Mailbox administrator | Remove-ActiveSyncDevice

The other option you have is to run the below commands to set the maximum ActiveSync limits on the required mailboxes. In this example, I'm setting an unlimited number of devices which can be set up and deleted per month for the Administrator mailbox:
    New-ThrottlingPolicy -Name ActiveSync-NoLimit -EasMaxDevices Unlimited -EasMaxDeviceDeletesPerMonth Unlimited
    Set-Mailbox administrator -ThrottlingPolicy ActiveSync-NoLimit

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

Please mark as an answer if this answers your question

Mark Gossa

MCSE 2003, MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008 R2, MCSA 2012 R2, MCTS Exchange 2010

Blog: http://markgossa.blogspot.com

Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

• Marked as answer by cuonghq612 Monday, October 19, 2015 11:22 AM
    Saturday, October 17, 2015 1:17 PM
  • Thank you, I will try it.
    Monday, October 19, 2015 11:22 AM