none
Should you or should you not get the Windows 10 upgrade? FYI, it's missing important features from Windows 7 and 8... RRS feed

• General discussion

• I just want to comment on reserving my windows 10 upgrade: After doing a bit of research on the web re windows 10, I realized that the upgrade actually removes or deletes several well-known and well-loved features of windows 7 (& Win 8), such as: DVD playback, desktop gadgets and other more important features. Check out this link for details: http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/08/05/windows-10-charging/

Not only does it remove those features, your pc security programs (I have mcafee) may be at risk. You may have to download other security upgrades - you'll have to do your own research about that.

In addition, it appears that Microsoft will charge for you to get the lost features back.

Well now, I'm not so interested in getting and using the windows 10 upgrade, unless it's FIXED. I am very happy with windows 7 currently. So, I cancelled my reservation (just right-click on the Microsoft windows icon that magically appears when you make the reservation. Also, I easily uninstalled the windows 10 update (KB3035583 "Windows 10 downloader" ) by going into the control panel & clicking on 'view installed updates')

For consumers to be happy, I believe windows 10 should have an additional menu of options that would allow them to KEEP some of the well-liked features they depend on, as well as an option to easily & quickly revert back to windows 7 (or 8) should they need to or want to... 

Hope this comment/feedback helps others make the right decision on reserving and using the windows 10 upgrade. Thank you for reading. 

Friday, August 7, 2015 11:40 PM

All replies

• This forum is for questions about Expression Web.  (Not loss of the not-used-by-many Windows Media Center - which should not be a surprise to anyone who actually read the details in the upgrade notice.)

Saturday, August 8, 2015 1:41 AM
  • Completely off-topic.

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender asks "Why the long face?" "Because I was born into servitude and when I die my hooves will be used to make glue." It was at this point that the bartender realized he would not be getting a tip.

Saturday, August 8, 2015 3:18 AM