none
VBA script on a terminal server RRS feed

• Question

• i have created a VBA script which runs from a button in outlook through a macro. this works fine on a local outlook install but on a terminal server it does not. the script is looking at a TXT file and reading the contents but it reports that it cannot find the file (Runtime error '53': File not found)

this is the line which reads the location. the email,txt file does exist. and as i said this works perfect on a local install

Set f = fso.OpenTextFile(Environ("USERPROFILE") & "\temp\email.txt")

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:55 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to the description, this issue is about the VBA script development and our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, I will help you move this thread to the appropriate forum for better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:16 AM
  • Ok news for you all the reason the VBA code would not work on the Terminal server was that the following DLL was not installed on the terminal

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLVBS.DLL

To fix it was as simple as copy from a working PC to the same place on the terminal server. restart the server. 
    Wednesday, February 13, 2019 11:36 AM