Webcam not accessable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I wrote an application which use as well an externe USB-Camera as well the intern Webcam.

With my new Laptop (ASUS D509D) there occours an new, unknown issue. After installing my programm I can use the extern camera as usually. The access to the webcam is locked.

I checked out the security settings for the camera of windows 10. There are a lot of applications listed and I can enable or disable the camera access for these applications. But my own application is not in this list. It is recognized as "special" application below this list.
    Does there exist any way to add my own application to the list off allowed applications?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor englisch.

Stefan

Liebe Grüße Stefan

Saturday, July 18, 2020 8:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Sirius32ds,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your description, I have some questions to confirm with you.

What's the type of your application?

How do you access your webcam in your code? Could you provide some related code here?

Besides, here are two documents that might be useful.

1. Windows 10 desktop apps and privacy
    2. Risks of allowing apps through Windows Defender Firewall

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 20, 2020 5:57 AM