none
Custom Add-In Causing the Edit Event button to become unresponsive (Outlook Calendar) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All I have an add in that I created to load rooms in a given building and create events using those rooms. I don't actually interact with the office API for the calendar view, but when I create a new event and go to edit it in the calendar view. The small modal pops up, but when I click the edit button, the page becomes unresponsive. Any thoughts on the reason for this happening. I can provide more examples if needed
    Monday, August 14, 2017 9:56 PM

All replies

• Hi FredDupe,

->Hello All I have an add in that I created to load rooms in a given building and create events using those rooms.

What type add in are you developing? I did not find any document about events on room. How do you load rooms and what events are you creating using those rooms?

->I don't actually interact with the office API for the calendar view,

What API are you using now? Whats the event are you developing?

I suggest you provide more details, such what events or what object are you customizing, so we could try to reproduce your issue.

Best Regards,

Terry

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:24 AM
  • Hello,

Do you develop an Outlook add-in with a form region?

If so, did you try to disable the plug-in and see whether the issue exists?

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 10:19 AM
  • - >What type add in are you developing? I did not find any document about events on room. How do you load rooms and what events are you creating using those rooms?

I am developing a outlook calendars add in for mail. And my mistake consider rooms as participants

-> What API are you using now? Whats the event are you developing?

I am using my companies API for the data on users, we do a lot of scheduling. Thats our business. And think about the event as just regular scheduled meeting. I really asked this question wrong so sorry CD

But i am also using the outlook 0365 api to communicate with the calendar to automatically update who is attending the meeting from the list of users my companies API provided.

Hope this helps

Friday, August 18, 2017 6:23 PM
  • Yes, an auto populate for participants in a scheduled event. And I have tried disabling and it works fine. What's confusing is that my plugin doesn't touch anything with an edit request. 
    Friday, August 18, 2017 6:25 PM
  • Hi FredDupe,

For Office 365 API issue, I suggest you post on Office 365 for Developers for Help.

For your companies API issue, I suggest you ask for help from the developer of the API.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

Monday, August 21, 2017 9:45 AM