none
Timesheet And Tasksheet Update Problem in Single Entry Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

There is 2 problems we faced with single entry mode.

1- I add a task for a resource with 25% unit consume and 8 hours duration for 2012-02-20 to 2012-02-27 (via PSI) , the problem is project server automatically distribute 2 hours for 21th to 27th and 4 hours for start date of task (20th)! Why?

2- when resource mark his assignment as completed in tasks page, project server automatically fills his timesheet actuals with planed work ( in this case if resource didn't fill any time in his timesheet, after task completed actuals work of 20th to 27th of this resource fills with 4,2,2,2,2,2,2,2 hours). Why?

We coded a rapper on project server that resources can update their timesheet via a UI that validate their presence times and We don't want this auto fill up after task completing)

Thanks

Aria Cop

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am no developer, but I think I can explain what you see, since it reflects normal behaviour.

1 - Not sure, if I got this one: You assign a resource with 8 hrs work a period. You see the exopected hours in most cases, but not for 21st? Have you checked, if there is a calender exception for this resource on 21st. Project will take absense into account and moves these hours to the end.

2 - When a resource marks a task as complete, all timephased Work data is copied to timephased Actual Work. Since you are using SEM, this does mean, that these ActualWork is also in timesheets (without SEM, the same is true for timesheets created after approval of this status updates). If a resource wants to mark a task as complete, but has not worked as planned, he will need to adjust hours for each date, I am sorry. Especially when you want to use SEM. So I think you will need to do some modification on your rapper.

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, March 1, 2012 6:44 AM