How to implement AutoFocus, Zoom In&Out

Question

• we want to do the following camera functions to carry inspection tasks. Which Api provide these features or which Brand of tablet provide camera Zoom in/Out and Auto Focus? Would appreciate your help on this matter

1) set Auto Focus to take photo

2) Camera Zoom in/out

Thanks

• Edited by FireDance Wednesday, November 12, 2014 7:20 AM Typo
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 7:05 AM

Answers

• It's possible that they wrote their own driver to work with the camera. I honestly don't know APIs they are using.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 7:48 PM
  • Hi FireDance,

As Matt told, I would suggest you to consult Panasonic dev support for the API related. Thanks for your understanding.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 01, 2014 6:19 AM

All replies

• It's all right there in the documentation...

1) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.media.devices.focuscontrol.aspx

2) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.media.devices.videodevicecontroller.zoomcontrol.aspx

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 7:39 PM
  • They don't work on Panasonic Tablet. What else can I do? What seems to be the problems?

Thanks

Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:34 PM
  • Do you know if your Panasonic tablet supports these features?

Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:32 PM
  • using the code base on the references, the Panasonic will not support. Strange enough , Panasonic has made an app listed in Microsoft marketplace that can do all the features like Zoom In/Out and others. Are they not using the same references as you quoted above? They used their own driver and api?

Thanks

Friday, November 14, 2014 6:00 AM
  • It's possible that they wrote their own driver to work with the camera. I honestly don't know APIs they are using.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 7:48 PM
  • Hi FireDance,

As Matt told, I would suggest you to consult Panasonic dev support for the API related. Thanks for your understanding.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 01, 2014 6:19 AM