none
Trouble with keywords?

Question

• My first app is up in the store.

I defined keywords as part of the submission, but it does not appear in searches for most of those keywords or on searches using combinations of those keywords.  I am choosing 'show all' to see all apps returned by the search.  Even when the list is relatively short (<20 returns), my app is not listed.

I can find the app using its name and one reasonably unique keyword so I know it is there.  I verified the keywords in my submission.

Is there a known issue or trick I am missing?  Being able to be found is pretty important in the store.

Friday, October 23, 2015 2:19 PM

All replies

• Hello mglogan, 

The store now handles keywords differently, please review this blog post: Changes to Store listings and search algorithms. If you have any questions or require additional assistance, you may also contact us here. Thank you!

Monday, October 26, 2015 10:23 PM
  • MSFT is doing ... anything but well.

Your keywords are ignored.  They do not influence the search experience on windows 10 app store.

Right now this SILLY implementation of the w10 app store ONLY searches the title of your app.

Fucking nonsense...  MSFT seems to be in favor of apps names like

"My App Title - What is it doing - tag1 - tag2 - tag3"

Only a very ... hmm ... weak minded person could have had this idea...

• Edited by wolfSYS Thursday, October 29, 2015 11:53 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 11:40 AM
  • Hello mglogan, 

The store now handles keywords differently, please review this blog post: Changes to Store listings and search algorithms. If you have any questions or require additional assistance, you may also contact us here. Thank you!

those article is worth NOTHING for it doesn't explain anything.  you call it "holistic", i call it "not working".

effectively MSFT only focus on the title, ignoring anything else.

WHY DO WE HAVE KEYWORDS WHEN THEY ARE IGNORED ???!!

• Edited by wolfSYS Thursday, October 29, 2015 11:51 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 11:46 AM