Use of segment, data-type or segment not supported in this position RRS feed

• Question

• A message sent to adapter "FILE" on send port "SendPort1" with URI "D:\Shared Files\Coparn\%MessageID%.xml" is suspended.

Error details: Unable to read the stream produced by the pipeline.
    Details: Error: 1 (Segment level error)
    SegmentID: TDT
    Position in TS: 2
    15: Use of segment, data-type or segment not supported in this position.

Im getting the error while trying to generate COPARN EDI file using BizTalk.

When I checked all the elements are occurring in the correct positions with accepted values only. Kindly assist.

Regards, Vivin.

Friday, June 20, 2014 11:14 AM

Answers

• FYI: The values in the XML format seems to be correct

Looks can be deceiving.

1. Set the Pipeline to PassThrough.
    2. Validate the COPARN Xml against the Schema in Visual Studio.
    3. Fix any problems which are upstream in a Map, Orchestration, helper, whatever.
    4. Now, you can debug the EDI.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, June 27, 2014 1:55 AM
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 1:23 PM
  • I found the cause of the issue. There were two segments prior to the TDT segment which were mandatory in the schema but which were not actually mandatory. I changed those and the file got generated. The description of the error was misleading to the TDT segment.:)

Regards, Vivin.

• Marked as answer by Vivin Muthu Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:06 AM
    Thursday, July 3, 2014 5:40 AM

All replies

• There seems problem with your Pipeline component ,I would suggest to debug the Pipeline component to verify the exact issue you are facing.

There is similiar thread for thsi issue which can provide you the guidance .

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f80c870c-a4f9-4d65-9d3c-d43d7f060557/biztalk-console-error-message-unable-to-read-the-stream-produced-by-the-pipeline?forum=biztalkediandas2

Thanks
    Abhishek

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 7:53 AM
  • In the send port I am using the EDISend Pipeline not a custom pipeline.

Regards, Vivin.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 8:59 AM
  • This seems to be issue with EDI validation of outgoing message. Try using passthru/XML Transmit pipeline and generate the XML and then validate with EDI schema to see the exact problem. 

Regards, Ajeet Kumar MCTS Biztalk Server

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:25 AM
  • Hi Ajeet,

The output of the application is to be in native format, for that only I have used EDISend pipeline to convert the xml to native format.

FYI: The values in the XML format seems to be correct

Regards, Vivin.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 11:51 AM
  • FYI: The values in the XML format seems to be correct

Looks can be deceiving.

1. Set the Pipeline to PassThrough.
    2. Validate the COPARN Xml against the Schema in Visual Studio.
    3. Fix any problems which are upstream in a Map, Orchestration, helper, whatever.
    4. Now, you can debug the EDI.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, June 27, 2014 1:55 AM
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 1:23 PM
  • Hi Vivian,

Generate XML only for debugging purpose so that you can use the XML and validate against schema but in prod you will use EDISend only. The issue could be anything related to record structure or data.

Regards, Ajeet Kumar MCTS Biztalk Server

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 1:36 PM
  • I found the cause of the issue. There were two segments prior to the TDT segment which were mandatory in the schema but which were not actually mandatory. I changed those and the file got generated. The description of the error was misleading to the TDT segment.:)

Regards, Vivin.

• Marked as answer by Vivin Muthu Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:06 AM
    Thursday, July 3, 2014 5:40 AM