none
"Ribbon Xml designer Combobox" & "Auto complete" Suggestion RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

1)For Outlook addin, I wonder there is way to provide  combobox AutoComplete and Suggestion.

2)the right side of combobox there is arrow which is expanding and include list of items of combobox.How to trigger it .I mean that when user write something in combobox , this smallarrow click trigger and list of combobox is expanded.How can I provide this smallarrow click triggered

best regards  

"Ribbon Xml designer Combobox" & "Auto complete" Suggestion

Monday, May 6, 2013 9:45 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Kahn_,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Based on my knowledge, RibbonComboBox does not have such AutoComplete functionality and you cannot simulate "smallarrow clicked" behavior as well. You can only make use of TextChanged event when you type something in the combobox.

Other property/method/event can be seem on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb532112.aspx

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 9:54 AM
  • Hi,

In Word 2013, the fonts combo box in the ribbon has an autocompletion feature. If I enter "Cou", "Courier New" will appear.

Does this mean Word use the TextChanged event to populate the text ?

Laurent

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:24 AM
  • Hello Laurent,

First of all, I'd recommend creating a new thread for separate questions. Thus, other forum readers may easily recognize questions and answers in the single thread.  

No, it doesn't. Not all features of Ribbon UI are available for developers for their custom UI.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:42 AM