none
Don't see Console application RRS feed

• Question

• I have two computers where Visual Studio 2015 Community is Installed. The one on a windows 10 does not show the console application in C#. The one on a windows 7 does.

I re-installed the one in Windows 10 and still I don't see the console application in C#.  Any idea?

Monday, November 23, 2015 11:55 PM

Answers

• You definitely should have a C# Console application template under Visual C#->Windows.

You can try this to restore missing templates:

Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE (by default is C:\Program Files \Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE);

1. Delete the ItemTemplatesCache, ProjectTemplatesCache folder;
    2. Open Visual Studio Command Prompt  under Start menu -> All Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 -> Visual Studio Tools (run it with Administrator privilege: right-click the program -> Run as administrator);
    3. Run the devenv /InstallVSTemplates switch;
    4. Run the devenv /Setup switch

Please also note that the forum for VS installation and setup issues is here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssetup/threads

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 4:23 AM

All replies

• You definitely should have a C# Console application template under Visual C#->Windows.

You can try this to restore missing templates:

Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE (by default is C:\Program Files \Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE);

1. Delete the ItemTemplatesCache, ProjectTemplatesCache folder;
    2. Open Visual Studio Command Prompt  under Start menu -> All Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 -> Visual Studio Tools (run it with Administrator privilege: right-click the program -> Run as administrator);
    3. Run the devenv /InstallVSTemplates switch;
    4. Run the devenv /Setup switch

Please also note that the forum for VS installation and setup issues is here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssetup/threads

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 4:23 AM
  • Hello, I followed your method everything worked but the moment I closed and reopen VS everything was back the way it was before I did the thing you said.
    Sunday, January 31, 2016 10:11 AM