none
Visual Studio Preview 15

Question

• I've been having a few different issues and most I've been able to work around however this one is persisting.

I try to add a new item to my MVC 5.0 project (right click add new item --> MVC5 View Page with Layout (Razor), I've also tried other options and they similarly error).

The error message I get is:

I tried to remove and reinstall the nuget package tool but after removing it no longer showed under installed or online or any of the areas to add it back.  So I did a repair and that worked and then I could add items again.  Now, a day later I went to add a new item and I get this error again.  I don't want to keep repairing this every time I close/reopen VS because it takes about 30mins for it to repair the install.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi MadPnut,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> I tried to remove and reinstall the nuget package tool but after removing it no longer showed under installed or online or any of the areas to add it back. 

After you uninstalled the ‘Nuget Package Manager for Visual Studio 2015’, you can go to Tools-Extensions and update… Then you need to go to Online --> Visual Studio Gallery, then Select Nuget Package Manager and download it to install. Or you can directly access 'http://nuget.org' and you will see an 'Install NuGet' button, download it and install it on your system. After the installation is successful, please reopen VS again.

If the above not works, please have a try with the following to troubleshot this issue:

1. Run VS 2015 in safe mode with "Devenv.exe /SafeMode" command to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    1. Open the VS 15 preview installation  location, usually locates C:\Program Files (x86)\ Microsoft Visual      Studio\VS15Preview\Common7\IDE Run the following commands in the elevated command prompt:
    • Devenv /ResetSettings: Restores the IDE's default settings, optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.
    • Devenv /ResetAddin: Removes commands and command UI associated with the specified Add-in.
    • Devenv /ResetSkipPkgs: it will make VS to load the skipped packages while launching VS.
    • Devenv /resetuserdata: clear up the old user data

And then re-open your VS as the admin, test it again.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 17, 2016 5:45 AM