none
Access 2013 web app 2013 parameter query with wildecard RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to filter an Access 2013 web app query by adding a wildcard to a parameter.

The working desktop criteria is: Like "*" & [myparameter] & "*"

I've tried various configurations such as:  

Like " '%"& [myparameter] & " %' " Result : error "The expression you entered ahs a function that Microosft Access can't find"

Like '%[myparameter]%' Result: Returns all records no matter what [myparameter] is set to.

What is the correct way to add wildecards to a parameter?

-Eric-

Friday, March 7, 2014 9:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, we could use Like '%[myparameter]%' or Like "%[myparameter]%'" to set the criteria of a query. We could not use "&" in the criteria.

According to your description, when you use Like '%[myparameter]%' as the parameter of a query in an Access 2013 Web App, it will return all records.

However, I think it works well in my Access 2013 web app. I could use Like "%[f]%"  and Like "%[o]%" as the criteria of field "Mixer" in a query to get the result as followed.

I just set the criteria and no parameter property as followed.

So are you sure that you set the criteria in a right way and your Access 2013 is the newest version? Would you mind sharing your steps?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 10, 2014 12:18 PM