none
About Student/DreamSpark License Options RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, all.  I just picked up my copy of Visual Studio 2010 Professional through DreamSpark with my verified student ID.  The software is installed and running.

It seems in all the product descriptions that VS2010 comes with a 1-year "trial" subscription to MSDN, including all that entails...including access to a lot of other software, including operating systems, at no cost for development/testing environments.

Since I have one of those, I'd like to leverage this tool...but I don't seem to have access to it.  I assume that this is because of way I got VS - I wasn't asked to personalize or activate it, since it's on a student license.  Thus I have received no "email you received inviting you to activate your subscription."

Am I missing something here, or does this licensing not include any kind of MSDN subscription (beyond help forum access and other things available to the general public)?

Friday, October 28, 2011 5:03 PM

Answers

• Hey LowGenius,

sorry for the delay in my response.  You'll have to ask the Dreamspark folks to be 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't include a Trial MSDN Subscription, and that the "trial" MSDN Essentials subscription comes only with a retail purchase of VS2010 Professional, not through Dreamspark. 

You can reach out to the Dreamspark team here: https://www.dreamspark.com/ContactUs.aspx

Thanks,
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 4:43 PM