none
Visual C++ 2017 Community, MSB6006 CL.exe error

Question

• I've currently been having build errors with VS 2017 for C++. I downloaded the visual studio installer from this website:

Downloads | Visual Studio Official Site

I installed Desktop development with C++ and Universal windows platform development. I am currently using a windows 7 64 bit. I tried running VS 2017 on another windows 7 64 bit and the program ran but crashed.

I tried a simple hello world code in c++ and it did not build properly. It didn't seem to be able to create or find the .exe file in the debug folder probably because it couldn't build it.

I made a new project by clicking file > new > project > General > empty project. VS was released only 2 weeks so Im not sure if I should use an earlier version .

I have some screenshots but not able to upload them ... apparently my account is not verified?? 

Monday, March 27, 2017 4:52 AM

All replies

• Hi DenverXDXDXD,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I have tried a simple hello world code in C++ but could not reproduce your issue, it build properly.

In order to reproduce this issue, would you please share us more information about this issue? Such as, the detail build error in the output window, the detail steps to create the project. More detail information will help me to resolve this issue. Besides, what is the result that you create a new C++ project without any modification and build it on the another windows 7 64? Thanks.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:51 AM