Web Performance Problem!!! RRS feed

• Question

• User799804115 posted

Hello all,

Now I'm doing web based project. At this project, user will create product, and it's processes. I have to calculate a lot of equations and calculated to generate the cost for the product. So web performance will be became slow. I use MySQL DB and ASP .NET using C#. So when I generated report, i need to loop for calculation for each process. Then I want to prevent
    this long time process with progress bar. But I don't know how long it will take. How can i do to know how long it may take a time? and some idea for my project please. 

If you have some idea, please mail me to jarizzard@gmail.com 

Thanks a lot.

Regards, 

Jarizzard

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 5:39 AM

Answers

• User371668647 posted

IMO, the best solution for the scenario of a long-running process of indeterminate time is to use a Queue Service.  You submit the job to the queue and have a status page that let's you access the state of the job and the results when finished.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2008 10:55 AM

All replies

• User371668647 posted

IMO, the best solution for the scenario of a long-running process of indeterminate time is to use a Queue Service.  You submit the job to the queue and have a status page that let's you access the state of the job and the results when finished.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2008 10:55 AM
  • User799804115 posted

Thanks for your comment. :)

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:12 AM