Windows Phone deployment Error 1018: Assembly is too long RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Support,

We are unable to deploy/upload a XAP file of size 22mb that includes 101mb dll file. We are getting the below error.

1018: Assembly AbuDhabi.dll is 106467840 too long. A package's assembly size can only be 100000000 bytes long. Update your package and then try again

We know 1Gb is the max limit of xap file but we are not sure why we are getting this issue.

Kindly advise that how can we resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Subbu

Thursday, April 3, 2014 12:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Subbu,
    The recommendations in order to pass certification is if you have a LOT of classes, break those off into a separate class library so it compiles into it's own DLL.

Also, what is the "Build action" on your database file?  Is it set to "Content"?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, April 4, 2014 4:15 PM

All replies

• I'm moving this to publishing forum since this is related xap file size limits.

Thursday, April 3, 2014 6:18 PM
  • Hi Subbu,
    The recommendations in order to pass certification is if you have a LOT of classes, break those off into a separate class library so it compiles into it's own DLL.

Also, what is the "Build action" on your database file?  Is it set to "Content"?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, April 4, 2014 4:15 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Thanks for the solution. It worked with us.

Regards,

Subbu

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:42 AM