Windows search 4, preview pane propose to download or open MHTML file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I started using Windows Search 4 (on WINDOWS XP PRO) 1 year ago and since 2 days I have lots of troubles with the preview pane. On the left pane, I have my list of result but when I browse in, WDS 4 proposes me to download or open a PVCXXXXXXXXX.mhtml file (IE Association) and I don't have a preview of the mail, the file, the doc, the PDF in the right pane as usual... It always tries to open a mhtml file (which should be the indexed file).

When I click "open", nothing happend... I save the mhtml file on the desktop and when I edit it, I see the mail or the content of the file I clicked on the left pane.

I checked files association and I didn't make any change on mhtml file or any other association, I try to restore the system but the problem occurs again and again... WDS is totaly unusable. I try to uninstall, reboot et re install but WDS proposes me to open or download the file.

Do you have any solution for this problem which is very anoying.

Thanking you in advance

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hello again,

Does the KB2586448 IE 7 hotfix could be the reason of the search failure? When I try to uninstall WDS 4.0 it alert me that the patch has been install after WDS and the time of installation is very closed to the apparition of the bug...

Is there a WDS 4 patch for that?

Thanks

Thursday, July 5, 2012 1:26 PM