BizTalk Adapter Framework vs. WCF LOB Adapter SDK RRS feed

• Question

• I have to create a custom adapter. It will be similar to HTTP adapter. I couldn't use the native HTTP adapter because it requires more communication requirements.

With BizTalk server 2010, I noticed that I have two choices to develop this custom adapter: using BizTalk adapter framework or using WCF LOB adapter SDK.

I figured out the difference between these two by looking at this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb798104.aspx.

After reading above, one question came to my mind. Maybe I will never have to use the BizTalk adapter framework again to create a custom adapter. WCF LOB adapter SDK looks to be far more advanced and powerful, so I should always use it going foward, but can I use it to create any adapter?

Let's say you want to create a custome adapter such as Advanced-File adapter, Advanced-SFTP adapter, or Advanced-HTTP adapter. Does it still make sense to use WCF LOB Adapter SDK for this? When would you choose BizTalk Adapter Framework over WCF LOB Adapter SDK?

• Edited by windong Wednesday, June 6, 2012 4:15 AM
    Wednesday, June 6, 2012 4:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I would suggest use the WCF LOB adapter SDK for the ease of reusability and extensibility. WCF LOB adapter SDK is an evolution of the BizTalk Adapter Framework. HTH.

Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 6:13 AM