none
Can't Join comptuer to Azure AD

Question

• I am having difficulties adding users to Azure AD.  I don't want to do the MDM auto Enrollment.  Just want to join computers to Azure AD.  Although when I go to join the computer this is the error I get below.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 7:18 PM

All replies

• And also, according to this site it should be free and included with Windows 10.  Should not have to purchase the Basic or Premium packages.  https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/active-directory/
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 7:19 PM
  • You would need to check if you have configured intune auto enrollment, the error is specifically notifying about the auto enrollment. 
    If you are not using MDM, then you can simply set intune enrollment to none.

Azure AD join is in all plans; MDM auto enrollment is in P1 and P2. Every user enabled for automatic MDM enrollment with Azure AD Join must be assigned a valid Azure Active Directory Premium license.

You may refer to this link - Azure Active Directory integration with MDM

If you have any further query on the Microsoft Intune. we have a dedicated forum for Microsoft Intune, you can post your query here
    Friday, May 5, 2017 5:42 PM
  • I know that this is an old question but I'm hoping it can help others avoid hours or days trying to figure out. Even Microsoft couldn't figure this one out which is sad. Their documentation actually even contradicts the solution.

During your domain setup, there are two CNAME records that you are instructed to create: EnterpriseEnrollment and EnterpriseRegistration. What they don't tell you is that this is only used if you are using the free MDM for Office 365 solution. If you are using, or switch to a license of Active Directory Premium and/or Intune, you MUST remove these CNAME records in order to allow your devices to register. It worked for me instantly upon removing the records on Cloudflare, though there may be a delay depending on who you use for DNS management.

I hope this helps anyone encountering this issue. Microsoft really needs to work on the detail of their error messages.

Monday, May 21, 2018 10:25 AM
  • Thanks for updating the forum with the solution that worked for you, which might help other customer to resolve their issue. And also appreciate for the feedback on the same.
    Monday, May 21, 2018 9:10 PM